Wednesday, August 1, 2007

David Beckham's Motorola Ad

Have you guys seen the latest Motorola Ad featuring David
Beckham?

Here's "behind-the-scenes" for those who have not seen it:





For those who have seen it, I think you will agree with me that its
absolute rubbish because:

(1) Why is DB dribbling a soccer ball while dressed like he\'s going
clubbing?
(2) When the ball was supposedly sliced in half, shouldn\'t it have
exploded in his face? (Due to the sudden release of compressed air)
(3) The 2 halves fell intact to the ground... Where\'s the deflation?
Obviously the laws of Physics do not apply to this particular soccer
ball.

Other than the above, I guess this commercial appeals solely to fans of
Becks. Clearly, I ain't one of them huh?

Which brings me to my next topic - How much should we pay for a brand name?

My answer is - Why should we be paying anything at all??

When we buy a product like a mobile phone, under a brand like Motorola, I do not understand how come we have to pay a premium for the brand name? Shouldn't we, like Mr. Beckham here, be paid instead for advertising the phone, whenever we take the phone out of our pockets to answer calls or SMS? (Moreover, we are using the phone under the natural laws of physics, thus making the whole process look "real" and "believable"...) Futhermore... shouldnt Motorola be paying me for talking about its brand on my blogsite?? (I own a Motorola V3 btw...)

Hello Moto... You listening?

No comments: